Though I’m a creature of habit when it comes to beauty products, I do try to add a few new options to my line-up every now and again just to keep things fresh.
(By the way, does anyone else get stressed out by samples of beauty products? The idea of Birchbox makes my skin crawl. It’s not that I don’t like trying new products, in theory. It’s just that having tons of samples makes me feel pressured to use them ALL, or keep them tucked away in some drawer until I do use them. Ultimately, I end up throwing most of them away, after keeping them in said drawer for far too long. I’m trying to work on being okay with chucking them sooner if I know I don’t want to use them.)
However, when I get recommendations from trusted sources (such as friends, fellow bloggers I love, my hair stylist, etc.) or when I seek out new products I’ve been reading about, I love trying new things — sample sizes or not.
I know — I’m a weirdo.
So with that craziness in mind, I give you my favorite new beauty products. These are all things I’ve added to my regimen over the last few months and give two big thumbs up!:
- Two-Faced Tinted Beauty Balm. I was excited to try BB cream, because I’m not a huge fan of foundation, but like the idea of evening out my skin tone and such. This BB cream fits the bill. I’ve tried a handful of different kinds, and this one’s by far my favorite. It’s just thick enough (but certainly not in an overwhelming way) and offers just the right amount of coverage, as far as I’m concerned. I apply it with a large, flat make-up brush (and a little goes a long way, which is great news for the lifespan of this product).
- Kms California Hair Play Playable Texture. My stylist introduced me to this product when I got my hair cut recently. Now that it’s shorter, having this spray to add some loose texture helps keep my style in place all day without feeling weighed down.
- Rusk Wired Flexible Styling Creme. This is another product that came recommended by my hair stylist (thanks, Jodi!), and now I use it almost daily. Just rub a bit into your hands and work it lightly into wet hair before blow drying to give your hair great memory for styling.
- Vaseline Intensive Care Essential Healing Spray Moisturizer. I can’t believe I waited so long to try this lotion! It’s so ridiculously convenient, and dries really fast. I tend to over-apply when it comes to lotion, and this spray version helps keep that from happening.
- Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads. I tried this product when it came highly recommended by Emily over at Cupcakes & Cashmere last December, and have been hooked ever since. I feel like it’s made my skin firmer and is sort of like a mini at-home facial.
- Maybelline Baby Lips. Since Kevin and I spend as much time as possible at the beach over the summer, a good lip balm with SPF is essential, and this has become my go-to. It’s ALWAYS in my beach bag!
- Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Concentrate. Yes, this stuff is pricey, but it’s worth the splurge if you ask me! First of all, this tiny little jar lasts forever, as a tiny bit goes a really long way. Also, I’ve seen great results from it in the few months I’ve been using the product.
- Last (but CERTAINLY not least), a couple of nail polish picks I’ve loved recently. Essie’s Flowerista and Essie’s Peach Daiquiri are topping my list so far this summer!
What beauty product are you loving lately?